Maria, an exotic humanity?
With her strange morphology, Maria who was found in the Nazca area is sometimes suspected by skeptics to be the result of surgical manipulations in order to swindle tourists and gullible people.
Relying on Internet images, and without any clinical analysis, detractors claim that his body is actually human nature.
Until today genetic analysis didn’t definitively decided for several reasons:
- some analysis from different laboratories have sometimes been contradictory,
- some analysis were not planned to answer questions about the biological nature of the body,
- some analysis were published without interpretation and gave rise to irrelevant secular statements.
The radio carbon datings of Maria’s body showed that it dates back to the 2nd century – 1750 years (+ or – 30 years) BP.
Scanner and radiology
The various examinations (clinical, radiographs and scanners) show the absence of traces of surgical, microsurgical and chemical manipulations as well as the absence of cuts, sutures, covering of the skin, etc.
Medical imaging specialists are:
- Dr. Raymundo Salas Alfaro, radiologist in Cusco, Peru,
- Doctor. Dr. K. Jesse, radiologist and professor at Colorado University Hospital in the United States.
Morphology and Anatomy
All the doctors and specialists as well as scientists having examined the bodies (nearly twenty) confirmed the absence of any evidence of fraud. Besides, they found secondary signs that tended to confirm the integrity and authenticity of the biological entity.
If a manipulation (or fraud) had occurred it should have been practiced more than 1800 years ago but the “marks” left by these “operations” could not have escaped the scanners and the eye of the radiologists.
A different phenotype from the human species
Experts who examined Maria’s body listed more than fifteen contradictions to the human species anatomy:
1Hands and feet are tridactyl, they have three fingers on each hand and three toes on each foot.
2Hands fingers have five phalanges, like human owns only three and two at the thumb.
3Unlike the human species phalanges, the dimensions of the phalanges do not tend towards the Golden Ratio according to the following relation: since the distal phalanx, the length of a phalanx is equal to the sum of the lengths of the two previous phalanges.
|Human Hand - Ring-finger||Maria's "inside" finger|
|Length mm||Length mm|
|Metacarpus||70||Phalanx 1 P1||57|
|Proximal phalanx P1||43||70/43 = 1,63||Phalanx 2 P2||40||57/40 = 1.43|
|Intermediate phalanx P2||23||43/26 = 1,65||Phalanx 3 P3||30||40/30 = 1.38|
|Distal phalanx P3||16||23/16 = 1,63||Phalanx 4 P4||20||30/20 = 1.50|
|Phalanx 5 P5||11||20/11 = 1.81|
4No metacarpal bone, palm formed only by carp. The hands are 17cm long.
5Maria’s nails cover nearly 90% of the last phalanx while in humans the nail covers only about 50% of the phalanx.
6The “toes” last phalanx of the feet is curved at 90° downwards and the biped rested on this surface as well as on the heel. No metatarsal.
7Difference in the calcaneum
Maria’s calcaneum in second place is larger but does not have an apophysis.
8On the pads, the fingerprints are different from ours, they are in almost horizontal lines (very slightly curved) and not in spiral.
9Maria’s skull is more elongated than ours and shows no signs of an artificial elongation (as applied to children, in some pre-Incan traditions with boards and ribbon for flatten and allow the cranial box to grow upwards) because this practice would inevitably leave marks on the skull or at least some parts flatened, while Maria’s skull has a perfect harmony in its curvature.
10Maria does not have the same number of mobile vertebrae as humans, there are 25 (human has 24 mobiles).
11Maria does not have the same number of ribs as a human.
12No hair at all.
13No auricular horn without finding a trace of a remnant or an intervention but presence of the auditory canal with middle ear and cochlea.
14She has 5 cm ocular orbits. Very fine nose, smaller than in humans. Big lips, more important than in humans. Size of the face: 31 cm.
The examinations performed on Maria (X-rays, Scanners …) have been studied by several other doctors and specialists:
- Dr. Raymundo Salas Alfaro,
- Dr. Edson Salazar,
- Dr. Julio Espero Torres,
- Dr. David Hermosa Gongo,
- Dr. Ramiro Hermoza Rosell and Dr. Renan Ramirez Vargas; doctors, surgeons and radiologists from Cusco in Peru,
- Dr Jose de Jesus Zalce Benitez, Expert in Forensic Medicine, Graduate of the National School of Anthropology and History (Sipaz), Head of the Department of Forensic Medicine of the Mexican Navy,
- Jose de la Cruz Rios, Biologist at the Campeche Health Secretariat in Mexico,
- Natalia Zaloznaja, Head of Medical Imaging at the MIBS Medical Institute,
- ainsi que le Dr. Konstantin Korotkov, Professor at the University of St. Petersburg, President of the International Union of Medicine and Applied Bioelectrography, both residents of Russia.
Written by Antoine Bruno et Michel Ribardière – Translation: Catherine Rayer
© Instituto Inkari Cusco – 06/2018